Occasionally lame. Generally Awesome.

"Occasionally lame, but generally awesome."
 
AWESOME VIDEOS! Animal Videos!

Posted 7/26/2004

Sponsors

DanielleHatch.com
BowsAndBands.com
Spokane Real Estate
CrazySaver.com
theHatchReport.com
ChairGuys.com
CwHatch.com
Chocolat Elegant
GenerallyAwesome2.com
I Love Brazil


Become a Sponsor





stumble!


Generally Awesome 2
Weasel Breath
I love New York t-shirt $5.99
Acquaintances & Friends

1 Cute Kitty Shirts & More
Shirts
Hats
Cards
Posters

I Love Brazil
Shirts
Hats
Cards
Posters


Educational Links
CwHatch.com

Study Shows Your Mom May Be at Risk


New York, NY According to a report published last week in an Academic publication two thirds of American mothers are at risk of becoming victims of so-called “Your momma” jokes. Your mother could be one of them!

“In recent decades we have seen a sharp rise in the use of jokes involving other people’s mothers,” said John H. Crabtree, co-author of the study. “Fifteen years ago the average American mother had only a 21% chance of being the object of ridicule. Now that risk is very widespread affecting nearly 68% of the mothers out there.”

The study reveals some interesting insights into American culture. One observation is that there is a differentiation in the types of jokes being made across the different age groups (shown in the graph above).

“One trend we see is the decreased number of insults involving intellect as these jokers approach and enter adulthood. We notice the opposite trend with issues revolving around sex. Older ages in our study group displayed an overwhelming tendency to make the jokes have some sort of sexual connotations,” Dr. Crabtree explained.

Another interesting fact is that the oldest and youngest subjects studied were most likely to make comments regarding the appearance of someone else’s mother. The most surprising detail is that while both groups show a concern for looks, the youngest group tended to make remarks about people’s mothers being ugly, while in the age-group of twenty-five plus we see a strong disposition toward comments about people’s mothers being attractive.

Dr. Crabtree added, “it is not surprising that by the age of 25 nearly all of the jokes relate to sexuality or appearance. This shows a very Freudian obsession with sex.”

Some results of the study are less surprising. For example males are responsible for nearly 97% of “Your Momma” jokes. Of the female attackers responsible for the remaining 3% most were found to have lesbian tendencies.

“What this shows is that girls understand that someday they too might be mothers, therefore they give some thought to who the victims are,” said Dr. Crabtree.

Other predictable results showed that most of the jokes were conceived in the minds of adolescents. The jokes started out innocent enough, but become more perverse with age.

“As people get older I think they realize that the most disturbing scenario involving their mother is one where someone holds their mother as an object of desire,” Dr. Crabtree said in a private interview. “For example just think of me being intimate with your mother. See how disturbing that is!”

At the conclusion of my interview Dr. Crabtree told me, after I asked him how I should start this story, that I was not very good at my job. I replied, “that’s not what your mom said last night.”










For rare animals from miniature rodeo bulls to coturnix quail visit www.HatchFarms.com

E-mail this link to friends!


RECENT

What does the sounds of silence look like?
October 24, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Turkey Maze
November 22, 2012

Baby hanging Station
August 4, 2012

Justin Bieber Should Be Your Attourney
May 10, 2012

420 Designs or h2o Designs
March 31, 2012

Book Review: I Hate You, Kelly Donahue
February 11, 2012

Advice for Rich Brazilians
December 17, 2011

Bunk Desks
October 26, 2011

Book Review: When Parents Text: So Much Said, So Little Understood
September 2, 2011

Book Review: The Little Black Book of Big Red Flags
June 25, 2011

Obama V Osama
May 16, 2011

Quality Cabinets
May 11, 2011

Pink Bullets by the Shins
April 12, 2011



Amazon.com 100 Hot DVDs
CLASSIC

Funny 50 Cent & Eminem Humor
Nov. 07, 2005

Jedi Skills Tournament
Apr. 14, 2005

True Story About Puppies and Alcoholic Kitties
Aug. 10, 2004

The Real South Bronx (w/ video)
May 21, 2004



CONTACT US

_____________________________________________
_______ "Occasionally lame, but generally awesome."________
____________________________________________


Home | Comics | Humor | Archive | Photos | Pirates | Store


   
Skateboarding Videos
   
Awesome Chairs
   
Mesh Office Chairs
   
Leather & Ergonomic Office Chairs

All content ©www.GenerallyAwesome.com 2003-2017 Privacy | Disclaimer | Meet the Staff! | Contact Us | SEARCH | Advertise